Maker Faire Bay Area

I’m going to be visiting Maker Faire Bay Area, San Mateo, CA today , but i think your email showing the wrong dates , can you verify its the one in May 20-22, 2016, San Mateo, CA instead of the dates in your email?

If this is the correct one , can you please write details where you going to be , and how to find you?

Where is one today? The San Mateo one is in May.

The email Dan just sent, it mentioned Maker Faire Bay Area (May 18 - 21) but on the website http://makerfaire.com/bay-area/ got different dates.

Me too, but I’m not sure if I will go Saturday or Sunday.

That’s a good point. My guess is he just got the dates wrong as two of those days aren’t faire dates, glowforge is listed as a “coppersmith” sponsor, and Friday is for select people/groups only. @dan was that a typo for Maker Faire Bay Area dates, or will glowforge not be there Sunday? I’ll be there Saturday, so I’m good, but if glowforge is leaving early it could impact the plans of others.

Goof on my part, I’m sorry. That’s the right dates.

@dan re: the Bay Area Faire, one of the questions I had asked to be part of yesterday’s chat session (but unfortunately didn’t make the cut) was whether it would be possible for us founders to get some level of preferred access to do a test cut? I was there last year and it was a complete zoo most of the time (you even mentioned the 2.5+ hr wait times in the video yesterday at some point). It would be really sweet for those of us that are confirmed buyers to be able to get a little ahead of that kind of wait time just to try it out.

Any thoughts on that, or is it just too much of a logistical nightmare to pull off?

We actually tried to do that last year but the logistics turned out to be insurmountable. I’ll see if there’s anything we can do but I’m unfortunately not optimistic.

2 Likes

Appearing on the…not quite main stage…err…Make: Electronics stage are @dan and @shell :couple::clap::clap:

Saturday, May 21, 2016 appearing for one afternoon and one afternoon only are Dan Shapiro and Shell Meggersee-Briggs on the Make: Electronics stage (is it a stage???) from 1:00pm - 1:25pm. From an audience suggestion to jewelry, artwork, and leathercraft in 15 minutes. Video game artist Shell Meggersee-Biggs turns your ideas into one-of-a-kind creations in leather, wood, and fabric while Glowforge CEO Dan Shapiro shows how you can do it too.

At least that is what the Maker Faire Program and Schedule (kinda) says.

2 Likes