Making a Celtic set of Earrings

This is an example of gage-style post-earrings I am making. My son likes the gage look but doesn’t want to stretch out his ears.

25 Likes

Wise of him. My 2nd son went through that when he was in his “gonna be a rock star” years. Then he went and studied computer security and is now head of InfoSec at one of the Seven Sisters (women’s colleges version of the Ivy League). Even though they’re very liberal, he decided that his interactions with board & trustees would be better if they weren’t staring at the holes in his ears. So he had surgery to close them up and reshape the lobes.

Funny he didn’t think that was likely when he was stretching the holes and his parents pointed out possible future impacts of his then younger-self decision :joy:

17 Likes

IMG_1690

17 Likes

beautiful. What thickness of material did you use? they look perfect and lightweight!

1 Like

This is 1/8 inch hardwood and yes it’s very lightweight which is a selling point.

KEEP CREATING

Clint

2 Likes

I guaged my ears when I was 18, I’ve slowly gotten to 9/16th. I work in a corporate IT environment working for the Army. I spent the last 15 years being told by my father in-law that I would never make “Good money” aka 6 figures “with those stupid holes in your ears”. I’m here to say that all of that is a massive load of BS, I have tattoos on my arms, I have nice gauges in my ears, and my work doesn’t care as long as it’s a respectable look (I wouldn’t be doing anything that drew attention to them like some of the crazy body mods), all that to say it’s how you present yourself :wink:

4 Likes

That’s awesome we live in the Kansas City area and we have lots of professional who have loads of tattoos and body piercings. It’s not an issue. Those who are biased are simply hung up on a preconceived narrative for no reason.

Keep creating

3 Likes

Love your earrings and your presentation is perfect.

2 Likes