Making a kerf adjustment

An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may also help to turn your Glowforge off and then on again. I understand this is a generic error message. I get this anytime I make an adjustment to a svg file using Adobe Illustrator. For example I made a Path adjustment for kerf in a file tat was working fine. This happens regardless if I use inches or MM.

Anyone have any ideas…

I’m certainly not an Illustrator (or Glowforge) export but I’ve noticed that error when I use the “Save” function for an SVG in Illustrator instead of using the “Export” option. My best guess is that they have slightly different settings. I’ve also noticed that when I use the “Save” option the top of the icon shows a black bar on the graphic preview when I view the file in the folder but not when I use “Export.” (Note - you have to have Powertoys installed to preview SVG graphics as icons in Windows).

Thank you, I think I may have found the answer:

It is in the way the file saves.
Testing it now.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the snag! I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help :slight_smile: