Making art with my Glowforge

Hi all, thought I would share some good news with you, I just heard from the Novado Gallery in Jersey City that my art piece titled “Concertina” was sold! And I have four more mixed medium art pieces that have been invited to be displayed in an “Affordable Art Show” in NYC in late March. I was asked to send a compilation of the mixed medium art pieces I have made over the past few months and thought you all might get a “kick” out of seeing what happens when an old guy begins making tactile art that is accessible and uses poetry as the reason for making the art. Check out the following web address for a quick view of what my Glowforge lets me do.

http://www.nextgenemedia.com/AffordableArtShow.html

33 Likes

Congratulations! I remember when you first displayed some of those here! :grinning:

2 Likes

Congratulations on the sale and invitation. Old guys rock!

2 Likes

Congrats! I really love those pieces!

2 Likes

:heart: this one! (the others too, but this one is my favorite :slight_smile: )

10 Likes

Congrats! That must be an amazing feeling.

3 Likes

Congrats! That’s wonderful news.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Hopefully the first of many :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Good for you! This is a wonderful thing to be doing!

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

First, thanks to everyone who commented on my exploring the use of my Glowforge to make art. And second, as a follow-up, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, one art show where I had four pieces to display had to delay its opening and another “touch the art” exhibit was canceled until next year. Because of this, I’ve begun exploring how to make Braille on my acrylic art pieces so that one can clean the acrylic with disinfectant or still can touch with thin gloves to sense the Braille. Many of you folks are far better than I in using the Glowforge for engraving, I do good designs for cutting but engraving Braille so that one could touch and sense the lines of poetry is one option I am exploring. If anyone has played with engraving Braille on acrylic, let me know what are the best settings for engraving. Also, I’m using a Gaussian Blur tool in Photoshop to make a rounded top for the Braille dot but I bet there’s a better way of doing it.
Hope everyone is well, stay safe.

2 Likes

Hi, just wanted you to know what good taste you have, I heard this morning that this art piece was accepted to an art show in Hilton Head, SC.

Mike

3 Likes

Congrats! Hilton Head is money. Tourists who travel there would be the ones to travel to a museum or arts festival to purchase art. Hilton Head has more refined tourists.

You are very creative and talented.

Congrats! that is great news. and you sure make some amazing things.

going back to my corner and my leather luggage tags. :slight_smile:

Thanks, very much appreciate your kind words. I’m an octogenarian exploring a new area in my life so feel very fortunate that things work out well once in a while.

3 Likes

I find I can do some things and not others like engraving so I still have a lot to learn. Very much appreciate your thoughts about my work.

2 Likes