So been CAD’ing up a bunch of maker things for the shop this week. (Note, all the files including the CAD files are on thingiverse and prusaprinters.
First up, I was sick of all my 20V dewalt batteries sitting all over the place after charging:
The cool thing about those, is they engage the locking pin of the batteries so they hold in any orientation. The clearance took a few trial and errrors to get it to slide in and out smoothly since these don’t need to make contact like they do in the tool.
Next project was I cracked my insert for my Rigid radial arm saw.
I had to make a small change anyway to the front fillet, so added an embossed logo into the top, but I didn’t have that pic on my phone.
Next problem was the tape measure I have sitting next to my X-carve, since I keep knocking it onto the floor. So I made a holder (the FatMAX tape is an awkward shape). I needed a second one that clamped into the side of my dewalt table saw. So added a Stanley logo to that version. The bottom is slated to let the saw dust fall through.