Manual Request for GF Check-up?

I’m looking into getting a used GF, and it makes me wonder if there’s a way to manually request a tube replacement or other repair service to be done. Does anyone know if this is a thing? I know it’s been brought up a plethora of times, but I’ve been curious of my own tube’s life and what the process of having mine replaced would be.

Could I theoretically just email support and ask for a replacement and they’d be happy to comply? I’m well aware of the $500 pricetag, that’s no biggie, just kind of looking for info.

Also, does anyone have a GF they wanna sell me :smirk: I’m not keen on buying a second Basic and having to wait a month or more.

1 Like

If your machine isn’t working, they’ll troubleshoot with you for free, and if they determine it can’t be fixed in your home, they’ll ask you to mail it in for repairs. Then they’ll give you a quote for whatever repairs they determine are necessary, you pay the invoice, then they fix it and mail it back. I don’t think you can ask them to replace a laser tube that’s still working.

1 Like

I think this would be a question for support. It has been stated that they lose money on tube replacements.

Not sure but I would guess shipping from Hawaii might be a bit more than the mainland. I suspect that if you PMed an irate customer from here and offered to buy their “paperweight” after it arrived at the company to be checked out, it would have a nearly new power tube, and you would avoid having a stolen machine bricked.

1 Like

I like that idea! Guess I’ve gotta go wallow in the…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.