Manufacturing defect in wood

Dear Support,

I’ve received a sheet of Thick Basswood Ply with a manufacturing defect in it…
Top:

Bottom:

As you can see, the hole goes straight through the entire sheet from top to bottom, making that section unusable. I had that happen to be once before on another plywood. Guess it happens sometimes.

Please credit me for the sheet.

Thanks! And have a glowing day!

• Tom
1 Like

Looks like a material swap splice made during manufacturing. Quality control does miss things like this at times. Wood, wire, almost anything mass produced.

Nice to catch it before that 2.5 hour design.

4 Likes

Oh, sure… It happens. Like I said, it happened to me on another :proofgrade: piece once. And, yeah, it was after I’d produced something for a client. I ended up having to redo the items that were in that section. So I just got a shipment of materials this morning and figured I’d take a look at the edges. Seems like when this happens, it’s all the way through.

1 Like

Do they credit for things like this? I cut something from cherry ply yesterday and a couple of the pieces had black indented streaks in them.

They stand behind their products. You’d have to show it was a manufacturing defect (which you can see mine was). So you should open your own ticket and show your evidence. If it’s legit I can’t imagine you won’t get credit for it.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve passed along your feedback so we can continue to strive toward a consistent Proofgrade experience. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know by opening a new topic or reaching out to support@glowforge.com.