Mario Stamps and Box

Hi everyone! My first attempt at engraving a rubber stamp turned out so good, that I wanted to make more, so I did a set of 10 small Mario stamps, and a box to keep them in. Didn’t take pictures of the rubber side, and the blocks are three layers of 1" square MDF. There ended up being room in the box for two more that I’ll probably figure out and make to add to the set at a later time.

The box is actually the second one I made, the first one ended up not working out too well. I had a star in the pocket instead of a 1up 'shroom, and the star would slide up out of the pocket and undo the latch in the front, and the hinges were a different top/back mounted design. Well, the hinges ended up being too tight for some reason I’ve yet to figure out, so the lid would snap off if not opened in an exact way, and the latch was a little too finicky for my liking, so I redesigned it with no latch and a more simple post-in-hole lid design, with panels on the outside to hide the ends of the finger joints.

Thanks for taking a look and until next creation, Happy Forging!!

76 Likes

Very clever idea! I can see this working for a lot of classic games, but the Mario series probably works best for this.

6 Likes

Nice work! Love those stamps!

7 Likes

What a wonderful set! I love that box—so appropriate to the subject.

7 Likes

I love the box!!! What a great way to store the stamps. Mario is always a win!

7 Likes

This looks great! My grandsons are so into Mario these days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice stamps, fantastic storage!

5 Likes

Love the box. The colors, as always, are perfect.

4 Likes

Great project. The box is a sure winner with the bright colors and graphics.

5 Likes

Welp, now I have to make something like this for my kid, he’s heavy into Mario right now and would love this! Great job as always!

5 Likes

Wow; that did turn out nice!

I have really wanted to play with stamp making, just haven’t taken the time yet. This inspires me to try!

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure!

3 Likes

That looks so coool!

2 Likes

Need to add grass. And maybe flag… Then you could conceivably create an entire mario level on a bedroom wall or something. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow! This is amazing. I grew up playing all the different Mario’s and my brother’s and I still play together to this day. Brings back great memories. :slightly_smiling_face: What did you use to color the images?

2 Likes

I personally use ink-based markers like sharpies, crayolas, some Amazon Basics permanent marker. Might get and try acrylic markers at some point, just not sure how tight I can get with detail using those.

4 Likes

Gotta love Mario

2 Likes

The stamps turned out fabulous! I still need to get some rubber to make me some.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for letting me know! Really love this!

1 Like

Stamps are so fun, but the box is amazing. This is a great project!

2 Likes

Wow! This is pretty awesome! Love the box. Great work!

1 Like