Mask drying rack and/or key shelf

Had a friend ask if I could make a simple drying rack to hang the masks from. Um… yeah I can do that.

But being me… it needed to have more than one function. So the drawer is used for dirty masks. And I made acrylic clips that you can loop the tie-on masks. When all this is over you can use the shelf as a key shelf with or without the drawer.

Used 1/4” cherry - still waiting on double sided to come in so I had to use what I had. Takes 4 boards and is really easy to put together.

50 Likes

That is slick and you could use it for tons of different things (maybe by the door to hold keys and gloves).

3 Likes

That was what I was thinking. Great minds!

2 Likes

Pretty! And it beats tripping over them all over the parking lots.

4 Likes

So true. That totally annoys me.

2 Likes

“I’m done with this germ infested garment so lets throw this nasty thing filled with potentially life threatening nasties right here in a good public parking lot”

2 Likes

I just have to question humanity daily now! LOL

2 Likes

Certainly the need of the year.

No one hates these masks more than I do. I hated them when my various past jobs required them and I’m not any more fond of them now. However I carry one with me wherever I go and wear it. It drives me insane to hear someone talk about the importance of them only to see them under their nose or on their chin. Not to mention the fashion lace or knitted doily things. Viruses are so teeny tiny (yes, the technical term) the most masks are like trying to collect bb’s with a chainlink fence. But if the one I’m wearing stops the one virus that could infect me or another, it’s done its job, so I wear it.

9 Likes

And I don’t use disposable unless I have no other choice and when done it goes in my pocket until I can dispose of it properly.

1 Like

That drives me crazy.

3 Likes

I like how you can go functional on this or leave the box off and get the decorative backing.

1 Like

Thanks! I am always trying to think of more than one way to use pieces.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff as usual from you my friend. Great work

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I had something like this in the back of my mind, but of course yours is a thousand times better thought out and executed - other than that it uses way to many sheets… :wink:

1 Like

HAHA…I tried to keep it under 5!

1 Like

Very good. I read an analogy by an immunologist who said if you increased the size of a red blood cell to the scale of a Blue Whale the virus would be the size of a basketball next to it.
As I understand it, the scale of the aerosols we exhale potentially containing the virus are large enough for a mask to retard transmission - at least to a degree, and that is enough to make a big difference.
Personally I see the effect on those who politicize wearing masks as a form of natural selection.

Nice job on that very useful idea Victor! Thanks for the inspiration. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m a nurse, and I still hate having to wear masks everywhere. And, no, it will not stop all the virus, and most of the people I know who have become infected where good to wear masks. HOWEVER, what masks can do is reduce the viral load, meaning if you do become infected, there is a better chance of lesser symptoms and a more favorable outcome. So, yeah, I wear my mask. I also hope for a future where I won’t have to wear them everywhere.

5 Likes

You being you is one of the best things about this forum.

3 Likes