Material height issue

my GF keeps telling me this, however I am entering material on tray as .125 in what am I missing here?

“Your material must be less than 0.5” tall with the tray in, or between 1.5” and 2” with the tray out.”

Couple of things can cause that…if you have material that has a lot of holes or cutouts in it, the auto-focus can fall into a hole and misread the height of the material. Use the Set Focus tool in the center of a larger area of the material so it can get a good reading.

The other possibility is that it can’t read the beam on darker or shiny materials. Use a light colored masking on it if that’s the case.

(Oh and make sure the optics are clean.)

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re hitting this snag. As @Jules pointed out, this can be due to the autofocus incorrectly measuring the height due to voids in the material as you’re printing.

Would it be possible to try a test print when utilizing Set focus to see if the same trouble occurs?

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.