Material Shown As Wrong Size In Glowforge App

I put a piece of material approximately 9" x 12" in the GF and then loaded a file that included a 9" x 12" rectangle as a positioning guide for some a grid I was scoring. The loaded rectangle was about 1/2" larger than the material in both dimensions.

I assumed that I had a sizing issue with the loaded file but after two or three iterations of fixes that had worked in the past for that issue failed I used the loaded artwork as a cursor to check the material size.

You guessed it, the material measured about 1/2" smaller than I knew it was.

I cycled power on the GF and the issue was cleared.

Refreshing the browser window might also have cleared the issue, but it wasn’t the first thing I thought to try.

Did you input a caliper measured material thickness?

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m glad you were able to resolve this. Most alignment problems come from the material being closer or farther from the camera than expected. When you open your Workspace in the Glowforge app, the camera on the lid of your Glowforge uses a wide angle lens to take a photo of the entire bed. The software then uses the height of the material to correct the image so the image you see matches what’s in the bed. That’s why it’s so important to ensure that the correct height is entered in the app.

If you run into any other trouble, please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.