Material Thickness Error on proofgrade

Just cut on medium draftboard then went to do it again and now I keep getting the material thickness error over and over again. Any help?

Maybe try cleaning it?

Check to see where the scanning laser is hitting if you’re cutting something out of the same piece of DB. It may be taking its measurement off the bed through a hole you’ve previously cut something out of.

After you hit print it moves the head over to something close to where you’re going to be cutting/engraving. Then it shoots the red laser and the head camera (not the lid camera) is used to calculate the material height. If it happens to be over a hole because you’re trying to use every bit of material, it will decide there’s nothing on the bed and error out.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer, @jamesdhatch. @Guntwenty - can you let us know if this helps?

That could be it. My DB is awfully cut up. It started working again, so I’m not 100% sure.

Thank you for the update. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!