Material Thickness Issue for 0.03" thick PETG?

Hello all,

I’ve been using my new Glowforge Plus for a little bit now to produce PETG visors for 3D printed face shields. I’ve been cutting 0.02-0.05" thick PETG for the past couple of weeks, no problem. Now, when I’m trying to cut some new 0.03" PETG I just got today, I keep getting the Material Thickness Issue. Is this an issue with the lens being fogged up, the camera, or something else? This is a time-sensitive issue, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

If you haven’t yet i would recommend cleaning all the optics like lenses and camera and sensors on the bottom of the laser head. if that does not fix the issue there has been some success running the camera calibration. But one easy way around it is to have a piece of thicker material on the bed that you can use the set focus feature on and set you focus height for the cuts manually at 0.003-5"

1 Like

Its very easy to fix, use some maskintape under the pet, where the camera check for thickness, thath will fix it, be sure to spect the thikness on prefs…

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you were having with the material thickness message.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and saw you’ve been printing since posting.

Could you please let us know if you are still having any trouble?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.