Materials settings missing on some operations

I uploaded a new file today, it’s a bitmap from Inkscape with some vectors.
I noticed after importing that none of my materials settings were available.

I opened another file that was using custom settings confirmed they were there, then uploaded the artwork to that file. The custom settings are available to the existing objects, but not the new one.

1 Like

The one thing I notice is that on the bottom one that has the custom engrave settings the word “Engrave” is blue highlighted and underlined. On the top one the “Engrave” is not highlighted.

Cut / score are also grayed out on the one. Is one rasterized and one not?

I’m not sure why the source being a raster or an engrave should be a different entry, as you could opt to make different ones for raster or engrave. but you are correct, they are. (I don’t raster engrave often, so this is the first time I’ve noticed this.

I don’t see the logic in automatically separating the two, sushing back and forth is the same and the material is the same, but there it is…

Discourse wants me to add extra things so the body of this isn’t the same as the body of the post I just did that was similar so I am doing this to please it

well, the thing is, if you set an engrave preset for raster, it will not be the same as an engrave preset for vector. there are options for raster that don’t exist for vector.

2 Likes

Vector engraves are basically single power, constant on engraves. Rasters are either dithered or use vari-power to read the gray levels. So they are definitely different.

Unless there are no Greys in the Raster. :slight_smile: but I see your points.

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!