Maybe Today?(The GF has landed and I have no time for the forums)

Waaaahhh - can’t get the button to light up… When I initially tried to connect - it went as stated (button clowed red then teal). I saw the wifi glowforge listed, but when I tried to connnect it to my home wireless I kept getting device error . Finally had to power it off and head to work. Now when I power it on… No glowing button… it’s not transmitting as a wireless (can’t see it). nooooooo… snifff snifff - I wanna make my ruler !!! Need to figure out how to contact support…

8 Likes

Well, a not-great way to contact support is putting your request as the 37th reply in a topic in Everything Else called “Maybe Today?” :slight_smile:

Seriously though - I’m really sorry you hit a problem. You can either email support@glowforge.com (ideally with screenshots or pictures of the steps & errors from your phone) or post the same as a new topic in Problems and Support.

15 Likes

I know - Just that I just got back home the last 30 min and was excited to try and connect (Can’t get button to glow). emailing now…

7 Likes

OMG! The suspense is KILLING me!

6 Likes

Not sure if it’s an issue with the 'forge, but does it need a 2.4ghz wifi vs 5ghz? I’ve been setting up ip cameras recently and had a similar issue…

4 Likes

I believe it does.

4 Likes

i somehow missed that. not really worth complaining about but it is too bad as the 2.4 spec around here is pretty crowded so i blanketed the house with 5ghz.

4 Likes

Awesome & congrats on the first deliveries.

My brother and I would come down and pick his pro unit up if we could, were just a little north above seattle. Better than trusting some of the shipping carriers with such a delicate and expensive machine.

1 Like

So the GPS tracking feature isn’t available on ground shipments. Boo

Follow My Delivery is available for packages sent using UPS Next Day Air®, UPS Worldwide Express®, and UPS Worldwide Express Plus®.

3 Likes

You might have to purge your browser cache to get the recognition sequence to restart. At least, it can’t hurt to try.

4 Likes

The units are shipping from Milpitas CA, so that would be a little longer of a drive then you would want to do. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh…no bueno…:confused:

1 Like

Currently defeated… unable to get :glowforge: to start setup sequence. Wating on support feedback (up to 3 business days) so I do have a shiny, beauiful looking, interior lit ,large brick at this point - no words…

8 Likes

On power up what does it do? (Specifically)

2 Likes

Ditto what @karaelena said. And then perhaps pressing the button for ten seconds until it lights up to reinitiate the pairing routine which hadn’t finished, if you hadn’t tried that before.

5 Likes

And unplug it for a couple of minutes so there’s no residual power in capacitors keeping some settings or alive.

3 Likes

oh man. I hope somebody can help you soon. That would deflate my balloon so fast, I can’t even imagine.

1 Like

I’m so sorry and I really feel for you. When I received my first PRU and it malfunctioned, it was another 5-6 days before I could get another unit because it was over a weekend…and I was so anxious. I’m sure your connection problem will be solved much quicker and you will be up and running in no time. Take heart! :disappointed: :relaxed:

2 Likes

I know you feel more horrible than I do, but I gotta say, that was possibly the most deflating thing thing I could have seen.

And… 3 business days?! What’s that about?! I wouldn’t call that support. I’d call it a breach of the Geneva Conventions.

Unless they’re discharged by some means, capacitors just hold their charge. That’s not to say there isn’t merit to your suggestion to unplug it. There may be components receiving power just from being plugged in that will clear when power’s removed.

5 Likes

Before this gets completely out of hand. Let’s just wait till he responds back. I’ve had this happen before. It’s simple fix if it is doing what I think it’s doing.

10 Likes