Maybe Today?(The GF has landed and I have no time for the forums)

It’s the canned response that comes in response to an email to Support. Usually it’s faster.

But GF needs to change that now. Beta & Pre-Release are okay with that kind of delay. A product like this marketed to the general public has got to have faster turnaround. We live in Internet time now. And people relying on this for business need better than days for response times.

I admit the first time I got that auto-reply my reaction was “What? Seriously?!”.

5 Likes

I know that, and you know that, but I can assure you there are many people that ignore the business days note when they’re looking at tech support response times. I will bet my future Glowforge that currently everyone who can help sort this out at Glowforge, is helping.

4 Likes

AND I’d be willing to wager a fair amount, support is paying extra special attention to emails with the first of the production units being delivered. I’d be shocked (and a little disappointed) if he didn’t get something from them today.

5 Likes

I agree. Business hours for them start in just a few minutes.

2 Likes

That’s going to be a problem too. Even just the US/CA/NA means that people would expect them to be able to respond at 6am their time (9am Eastern). But as an international vendor they’re going to have people in vastly different time zones. They really need to consider a 24x7 support operation as these roll out. They likely will want to get some real data on call volumes before they commit to that but it’s an issue.

4 Likes

I’m rounding up support staff right now to look into this. Sorry for the delay.

21 Likes

3 days is the regular response but I have never had to wait longer than a few hours every time I have emailed support.

6 Likes

I was writing a post about nearly the same thing, but I might suggest online Chat support for “off hours”.

2 Likes

Yep. The bulk of the calls are going to be easily solved and repetitive. Someone sitting in their house in their jammies and bunny slippers could take care of the chat.

Or if GF really wants to push the envelope, they could look into IBM Watson and use their chat app to create a chatbot to handle the easy ones - no one on the other side would know they weren’t dealing with a human. I’m doing some stuff with cognitive that looks like we can eliminate human intervention on 80% of our clients’ workloads :grinning:

8 Likes

Ditto - we live in a townhome development and can see a dozen or more networks, almost all on 2.4 GHz so I switched our WiFi connections to 5 GHz to get away from interference that was causing problems with Netflix access and the like.

3 Likes

Just a suggestion while you’re waiting and nothing has worked yet,… Turn off your router and :glowforge: ,unplug both and wait 5 to 10 minutes. Plug in the router and let fully power up. Plug in the :glowforge: and start again.
It won’t hurt anything and occasionally routers need a break, especially when adding to it.
Hope this will work for you!

5 Likes

presumably three days is simply the guaranteed maximum not what they expect the average to be. especially since it would be absurd to have those times this early on.

2 Likes

Specifying the ‘possible’ response time is pretty normal when it comes to email support. This mechanism is used to prevent unnecessary follow-up emails from the end-user.

9 Likes

8 business hour max response time (not counting “we got your request”) with business hours being 09:00 - 17:00 PT M-F is what I think should be expected. If I submit a problem at 10:00 ET on a Tuesday, I should expect a personal response no later than 20:00 ET that same day.

3 Likes

oh i agree especially at these price points. but you know under promise, overdeliver, etc.

3 Likes

It would be smart marketing to staff the CS lines at least a bit more than 8 hours a day during the initial rollout that is going on now.

2 Likes

I tried that with another package yesterday at 3:45 PM and just got “expected arrival between 10:30 AM and 3:30 PM.” Apparently no GPS tracking here in rural New Hampshire.

1 Like

I certainly agree. But I want to be as reasonable as possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Certainly a normal 8/9 hr TS workday is reasonable, but it would be good for the story to be that GF was Johnny-on-the-spot with getting a new user’s problem solved in a few hours rather than a day or two. Just another way to demonstrate distinctive competency.

5 Likes

Yeah I just looked…its in beta …well hopefully in the future for everyone else then…however Tuscon should have it…but not with ground then

4 Likes