Medium Draft board Not Cutting all the Way Through

We have been cutting just fine until i bought the Crashing Waves Spiral Clock and now after 3 attempts on PG material (that is now ruined) it wont cut all the way through. I have cleaned the lens and fan.

Increase the thickness or do 2 passes instead of 1.

Support will most likely ask you to try the Gift of good measure on medium draftboard, can you try that on a scrap?

1 Like

Already did 3 times on Medium draftboard - now trying with pass on PG Thick Draftboard. Thats actually how ive been printing most of my stuff - draftboard then paint or test on it

Increasing the thickness you enter will weaken the power of the laser hitting your material - you’d want to decrease the thickness to aim for the middle of the piece

If you’ve done the GoGM since this issue started you’ll need to post pictures of the front and the back and the time you did the cut - that’s how Support can find the issue with your machine. If you’ve done a bunch of cuts they need to narrow it down to one (the GoGM) that they know what the logs should say

I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
  5. Check the completed print:
    • If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print
      • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.
  6. If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.