Medium draftboard not cutting all the way through

I am currently dealing with the same problem

1 Like

same story over here :frowning:

1 Like

Feels to me that this is a settings/software change somewhere in the backend. I’ve noted this with draftboard, acrylic and the leather, where it’s taking multiple passes to get a cut to go all the way through. This is a pretty new issue I’d say as I’ve had many successful cuts in the past.

I’m bummed because I have wasted so much material because it didn’t cut through and lining up the cuts after the fact is very difficult. The cameras are ever so slightly off especially on the edge. So I don’t know how to rescue the material.

This doesn’t solve the issue of it not cutting through, but, get something thin and flat, or even some good sticky tape in a pinch, hold the “base material” gently, and pick the cut material up. You should see real quick if it made it through. I know some people use dental picks, etc. I’ve even used a thin-bladed knife to just pick the piece up for jigs that I don’t want to take in/out.\

As for not cutting through, how cold is it in your place? Curious because it seems like a lot of workspaces are pretty cold right now or are in unheated areas… been a while since I’ve seen it, but just like getting too hot, power drops off (not as drastically) below a certain temp. Are you at the minimum recommended 60 degrees? The machine will run colder than that but I’m guessing performance could change.

1 Like

I’m using it in my heated basement and yes it’s > 60°F

I haven’t attempted cutting anything for 3 days when my problem came up and I ran tests/emailed support. Have you heard or seen any change? @jskinger @joker?

No change yet. I’m using manual settings for now until they tell me what’s wrong. I have been unsuccessful in salvaging my previous work so I don’t want to waste any more material.

For cuts I have just switched it to manual and generally just bump the speed down by 40-50). You could also have it do a 2 pass cut instead of the default 1. It’s generally working great otherwise and I’ve been doing a bunch of production for projects but those PG cut settings are wonky. No reason to stop working on stuff, just make that minor adjustment.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your patience. It looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry for the bad news.