Medium plywood build

I am trying my first print on Light basswood plywood. I downloaded an item that has medium plywood build on it. Is this an issue? I have a message stating that this is not compatible and may cause damage.

If there are notches or slots in the design they won’t be the right size. Would have to know which design it is to determine if that applies here.

6 Likes

Yeah, as the other Evans said, if there are any tabs or slots it’s a no-go. Several thousandths different in thickness and it will make a huge difference in fit.

4 Likes

Its my first print with a three piece ornament, cut out of the ornament and engrave of the names.

1 Like

There are no notches
thank you. Is there something else I should check before printing?

1 Like

In that case, you should be fine.

1 Like

The warning about wrong material comes up anytime you use material that either doesn’t match the barcode, or you manually change the settings - you’re officially “beyond the manual” at that point :slight_smile:
Many of us spend all of our time “beyond the manual”!

9 Likes

I started beyond the manual with the pre-release, All of the explorations with the materials were wonderful fun. Wood, acrylic, paper, stone. “What happens when I laser this…?”

6 Likes

Somebody has to be ahead of the curve!

3 Likes

True this ! Some of us have been living beyond the manual so long we forget. Fond memories of trying things with my prerelease.

6 Likes

My personal favorite was engraving a banana split :smiley:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.