Melted Acrylic...into crumb tray

I was cutting an intricate fishscale design into some acrylic last night (to be used as my saltwater tank lid. When I looked it seems that the acrylic had melted into the crumb tray. Any suggestion what I should do here? Thoughts from getting the acrylic out to replacing the crumb tray?

It’s difficult for me to understand what I’m seeing there. Is that a capture from the Glowforge camera? Can you take a picture of the entire tray?

For what it’s worth, I can’t imagine it’ll be even remotely easy to remove melted plastic from the honeycomb. I believe you’ll want a new tray. But I wonder if maybe freezing the tray will allow you to break it out? I’m just throwing that out there as a complete guess.

2 Likes

Looks like your material might have caught fire. You can buy a new crumb tray in the Glowforge store.

https://shop.glowforge.com/t/materials-categories/spare-parts

You’ll probably want to check the lenses and printer head, and use a mirror to check the belt under the gantry to make sure they weren’t damaged by the flames. (Might need to replace those too.)

Post pictures of any damage you find so Support can get you the right help.

3 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.