Memory Game Tiles - Sealer?

Made a quick memory game and then hand painted the animals faces. Tried sealing it with a clear polyurethane, and the residue from the cut came up through the poly and made it look dirty :frowning:
Anyone have a better sealer, or a way to keep the residue from coming up like that?

24 Likes

Iā€™m not sure about that but I came here to tell you that these are really cute!

6 Likes

I like them too. The bleeding doesnā€™t look that bad to me.

2 Likes

You might try with a Krylon fixative firstā€¦just a quick spray to seal the char before hitting it with the poly.

12 Likes

Oooh I even have some of that I think!
Iā€™ll have to try one tomorrow and see how it goes!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never tried the fixative stuff, but I use Krylon spray glazes and especially love the ā€œtriple thickā€ stuff for the dimension it gives. (If you click the link, it gives a bunch of different Krylon options.)

You can kinda see it here

16 Likes

That looks really nice!
Does it fill the engraved areas at all, or just seal them?

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:
If you mean did it make the engraved areas flush with the top of the material, no, it didnā€™t, and you can still feel the engraved areas.

3 Likes

These are so cute! You might try to clean the tiles with a brush if itā€™s the soot causing the issue before painting/clear coating themā€¦

4 Likes

These are super cute. I glanced back at the photo and saw a little smiling kid wearing a giraffe hat.

Now that is all I see. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness I hadnā€™t noticed that!

that is all i ever saw

1 Like

Me, too. What am I missing?

That part is supposed to be his nose.

Hereā€™s the rest of the set :blush:

11 Likes

Oh man, now thatā€™s all i see! :rofl:

2 Likes

These are adorable. I have a precious little friend I have been waiting to make something special for. A memory game is going to be perfect!

4 Likes