Made a fake (draft board) stained glass window to resemble the mermaid window from Harry Potter. I used tape to try to get all the pieces out intact. I did lose a couple tiny ones. Then I painted the “glass” and black “metal” pieces with acrylic paint. Took about 4 hours to paint. Because of the kerf, this mirror would totally fall apart, so on the back I Modge Podge glued it, brushing layers in numerous directions- up, down, diagonal, etc. Then I painted the back with black acrylic paint because light was still showing through the kerf. I truly love it, just wish it was bigger. It is about 11 inches tall.
I had to make it using the camera bed trace method, because although I tried to make it in Vector, GF still rejects the file as an upload to cut. Not understanding Vector very well, or scarcely at all, is holding me back.
New to Glowforge- less than a month with the machine.