Metallic cardstock business cards

I did these a while ago, finally looking at forum more today–some cool stuff out there w/ AL and wood veneer. I had some metallic cardstock & tried it & ordered more colors–the etching penetrates to the core, so pending the color you get, gives interesting results. I also included cutting out my “acoustic needle” guitar shape space needle head/neck, as had already done this larger scale from leather to sew onto a strap (years ago did this design as silk screen).

I’ve just ordered veneer “card stock”–it is more like card stock w/ thin veneer layer so can be run thru a printer, so different from the wood veneer card blanks others have tried… (or at least I can cut myself & not pay for someone else to have done that bit!).

32 Likes

Very cool idea. Where did you find the stuff and what settings did you use if you don’t mind me asking

Hi Trevor,
I got the cardstock from cardstock-warehouse.com (after comparing a few others via google search–highly recommend them. They also have the wood veneer card stock I just ordered).

The settings I used… checking my notes, it seems I picked thin natural leather, kept the focal height the same, but then varied speed & power to 450/60 for best cut and 1000/20 for the engraving. No masking was used.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check out their site now. Will have to grab a few things to test out. I’ve only had my GF for 3 days and i excited to test out new stuff

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. On a side note, I’m always looking for nice guitar straps. I may need to purchase one or ten.

Thanks, and THANKS! I have a few on the site noted on this card, but about 30 on bansai8creations.net. Also can do customization–but not too much w/ GF yet–so far just adding my logo onto the strap…

Here’s the card from the wood veneer card stock–the sheet is not as rigid as heavy card stock, but as a card is OK.

6 Likes