MFNY Day 2

So day 2 of running around MFNY. Took some time to visit smaller booths and talk more deeply with folks.

I wasn’t the only one with an “ask me about Glowforge” sign:

Solarbotics was showing a large number of clever laser cut items, most of which were solar powered. They are extremely light.
IMG_7274

Took some additional pics of the Meridian maps laser cut maps:

Interestingly they cut them as full size sheets each time for layout purposes. They told me that africa sized project costs around $400-600. The custom colorado race map was around $2000 for a client.

This was a spectacular jewelry designer from NYC who makes these pieces hand cut with a Xacto knife out of heat-shrink tubing. Really specacular in person. By cutting on the bias it curls like that when he heats it. They are pre-shrunk.

Can’t wait to get my Prusa MMU2 up and running, and for the Prusament filament to be in Amazon (no longer shipping from Prague).

Joseph told me on the MMU2 shipment they shipped 12-tons of Haribo!!!

I will say this epilog can cut super fast! This model seems to be a combo 75w CO2 and 30w Fiber laser?

29 Likes

Thanks for all the pics! Looks like a fun time.

Really cool stuff. Thanks for the highlights. :slight_smile:

Oh excellent! Those little marble runs look like a fun thing to try someday.

Thanks for the good pictures. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I see what you did there :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Cool looking marble run there.

1 Like

Looks like you had a great time! I’ll try to make it next year.

Oh, didn’t see that I had double posted the shrink wrap guy between day 1 and day 2

2 Likes

I really need to start charging for some of the things I make. Those maps aren’t that difficult and they are getting a lot for them.

Looks like a fun way to spend a couple of days, thanks for all the pics

4 Likes

Great stuff (as usual). Thanks so much for sharing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.