MFNY GF Badge

Off to MFNY tomorrow and figured since GF won’t be there, I’d provide a little reminder to folks. This is my first use of :proofgrade: Basswood Ply. Does look nice although engraves a little shallower than the Maple ply.

The GF logo is :proofgrade: green medium acrylic. CA glue holds that in place. The back is another bar made of Basswood with engraves to inset the neodymium magnets. Yes my fingers have CA glue all over them from the times the magnets hopped out of their pockets and of course when i picked them up they covered my hands… I then one to get some acetone and of course stupidly used a nearby plastic cup — haha, melted that cup quite effectively! And didn’t get my fingers clean!

34 Likes

Nice badge but it makes me sad to not be going this year. Way good time last year.

4 Likes

Oh man, I know the glue thing…stuff leaps on me and tries to take me down.

Have fun at the faire, take pics if you remember. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

My CA glue kit now has a reminder in the case: Are you wearing gloves?

3 Likes

Nice. I still have the one I made last year. I’ll wear it again this year…

1 Like

Ooooo, nice! Does the logo go all the way through? It would look great back-lit if so.

1 Like

That would have been an awesome idea. And yes, it goes all the way through. I guess I will have to stand with the sun behind me at all times…

4 Likes

Or just go buy an LED and a CR2025 at your local RadioSh… Oh, wait. Nevermind.

3 Likes

Still have a Radio Shack here in nowhere WV. I think the owner wasn’t notified that the company crashed. And the 15 year old shelf stock seems to indicate the same.

9 Likes

or find a piece of teal acrylic to cut and insert…

1 Like

I use a small metal tool to handle magnets when using CA glue, or use the two-part version so you can control where it ends up more easily.

I guess I cheated on the magnets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCLF0WE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Oh, well that would be quicker… And less CA glue being splashed around.

1 Like

RadioShack is still around.

2 Likes

And the badge magnets also work to hold down material in the Glowforge ;p I bought a pack for a job and they now have a job until I need the rest of 'em!

2 Likes

Not really. I mean, they’re around as much as CompUSA is in that they still sell stuff online. But I don’t think there are any stores around that aren’t franchises.