Mickey Mouse Box

That’s correct for the GF cuts. The GF is cutting the center of the line.

But depending on your design software it may be an issue. Inkscape for instance defaults to including stroke width in its object size calculations so your tab or slot won’t necessarily be the exact size you specified in the sizing box for the object.

There is a setting you can change so it does not consider stroke size when measuring an object.

It’s the first option in the “home” of preferences for Inkscape - use Geometric vs Visual bounding box.

2 Likes

Excellent version of a living hinge.
Love it when people take things to another level.

I like it! It makes me think of London bridge head spikes! :slight_smile:

WOW!!! You are so talented.

What amazing work!! It’s just incredible!

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing! Such an amazing design!

1 Like

Nice job! Reminds me of my bracelet/pencil box /uploads/db6859/original/3X/7/6/7675f549de9d6352f31e149775b3c4eedd7ab28e.jpg
/uploads/db6859/original/3X/0/6/0642aa9b15b3107ce2a9049f28aad463a4cd8b76.jpg
I posted back in May of 2018

12 Likes

omg - how did I miss that?!

That’s a beauty!

1 Like

The tiny hands!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really love the Paisley pattering too. Such nice work!

This is awesome! What kind of wood did you use?

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! Can I ask what program you used to design it in?

Awesome!

Affinity Designer.

Very cleaver (and cute) variation on the living hinge. Thanks for sharing.

@pigheaded: that’s an idea I never tried: to have the cut alternating all the way to the top or bottom. I tried being more asymmetric with my cuts, so that they either went all the way to the top and bottom or did not. I wonder if yours is much more flexible, and/or stronger.

We need a gallery of ideas where all the image are posted, and then you can click on them to see details. Right now, a lot of goodies are posted in their own threads, or worse, as a comment on someone else’s.

1 Like

This is amazing, thanks for sharing. I have wanted to try a living hinge, but still not quite sure how it works or how to incorporate it into a design and I certainly never even thought of creating a design that is actually part of the hinge. Genius!