Microwave Popcorn Corral

I shared the story of making a popcorn corral for our microwave popcorn in Made On a Glowforge, but here’s the file in case anyone wants it. Made to fit and hold a brown paper lunch bag upright in the microwave. Made with 1/8" wood. I did find that I had to glue just one side, but mostly it’s a tight fit. And I don’t think it would work with store-bought microwave popcorn bags, as they’re a different size than the brown paper lunch bags, plus they end up on their sides when they pop. :popcorn: Personal use only, of course. :slight_smile:

popcorn

26 Likes

Oh I love it! I’ve never done the brown paper bag popcorn but I might try it. Thank you for the share!

4 Likes

You’re welcome. 1/4 cup popcorn, fold the bag top down 1" and just keep folding towards the bottom, 3 minutes on high until the popping slows down to about 3 seconds between pops, then take it out. We add popcorn topping oil and salt or seasoning after we put it in a bowl, and just mix it up. Let me know if you try it!

4 Likes

We do this too! Saw it on an episode of Good Eats years ago.

4 Likes

Thank you,

3 Likes

Oh cool! Thanks for the share.

2 Likes

Clever idea for a holder! I got a silicone popper (no oil) because I’m obsessed with popcorn, but we tried this a few times.

3 Likes

Super! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes