Middle of Week Three since Golden Email

Happy For you, but that’s distressing, Oct 18th Pro Order here, answered the golden email right away

2 Likes

I’m an Oct 13 Basic

If you have not received your, “would you like your Glowforge now” email a.k.a. The Golden Ticket email, and you are in the US, you should definitely contact support@glowforge.com or post the question in #problems-and-support. I’d also suggest checking in your Spam folder for the email.

I would suggest posting in the #problems-and-support forum since it may be that your ISP is blocking the email (has happened to at least one person on the forums).

If you have received the Golden Ticket email, then you’re OK. The banner refers to them sending that email.

2 Likes

Thanks, got the golden ticket, but no shipping yet, from UPS or Glowforge, check spam folder. And others with golden emails later than mine are getting shipping notices. One thing I notice though are a lot of those peeps are on the East Coast and a bunch of us here in Texas are sitting waiting, so hopefully it’s a shipping thing and they are concentrating on, or shipping to areas sort of in bulk at a time. I won’t panic yet. We’ll see what happens next week.

2 Likes

Right. Same here. Got the golden email 23 days ago, and am just anxious watching people who both ordered and received their golden email later than me get their units.

3 Likes

I had a similar experience where someone got their unit before me even though they got their Golden Ticket after.

I have a guess, cobbling together different pieces of info:

• we know the send the order to Flex after receiving your address info.
  • the order presumably fixes your unit’s order in the production line. (They send Golden tickets fast enough to keep the line full, but not so fast as to make the wait too long.)
  • after production, the unit goes through testing and calibration.
  • if everything goes well, the unit is packaged and dispatched.
  • if it fails tests, it goes back for rework. We know this from the recent update.
  • after troubleshooting and fixing problems, it presumably goes back to testing and calibration. This could possibly repeat several times.

So it is possible that your unit just needed a little TLC at the factory whereas the people who got theirs “out of order” were simply lucky to have theirs sail through the testing stage.

3 Likes

It could be a a variety of reasons, the differences are hopefully just days, which to us waiting seems likes years… If I get nothing next week, I might raise a red flag, but Thanksgiving and stuff will thankfully occupy my time next week too, come Friday though I will probably come sniffing around again.

2 Likes

Might be geography.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve noticed this as well. Makes me think it’s a logistical thing. Perhaps they’re trying to avoid some of the earlier shipping fiascos by doing regional/bulk shipping?

Our overall timeline is very similar - and I don’t have my shipping notification either. In my case, I’m actually hoping it takes a bit longer since we’re traveling for the holiday and I don’t want our house sitters to have to hassle with it. So I’m anxiously checking email/UPS for the opposite reason :wink:

1 Like

Have you signed up for UPS My Choice? When you get the UPS notification, you can reschedule your delivery (I think someone said up to 2 weeks?) or have them hold it at the depot for you to pick up.

Edited to add: I didn’t realize until I posted just who I was replying to… I’m sure you already knew that… but congrats on (soon) getting your forever forge!

2 Likes

Email for sure. I had them ship my referrals unit at least two days before mine. They currently have theirs already and I am still waiting so they clearly have skipped peoples shipping for some reason.

1 Like

I ordered my GF on October 19 2015 and I got the golden ticket over 3 weeks ago and still no shipping on the actual unit. I already ha e my materials as well. As things get closer I am really anxious.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m signed up for UPS My Choice, and I’m just hoping that mine shows up after Thanksgiving (and that everyone else’s shows up before then).

Again, I really believe that reason is logistical and not personal.

1 Like

Sorry, you augured in there big guy. I’ve got this…

2 Likes

I agree, it is probably just them be as useless at shipping as they have been at everything else. But that doesn’t mean you shouldnt email them and hold their feet to the fire for skipping your spot in line.

She wasn’t skipped. Got her estimated shipping email. Just waiting for the UPS/Glowforge on it’s way notices. That might be regional within the 6 weeks. No way to know.

1 Like

Maybe she wasn’t; but I for sure was so I would assume other people have been as well. Since I highly doubt I am an isolated incident

My referral, in the same city as me with the same unit as me who got his “golden email” 4 days after me currently has his unit and mine didnt ship till after I emailed asking what the heck was going on. So I would tell others to email them as well if they see people posting that their same type of unit has shipped/arrived and those people ordered after them.

1 Like

End of Week Four since “Golden Email” still no tracking, 10/18/15 Pro Order, 10/27/17 “Golden” Email, responded right away.

c70034bc0c457d55fd6b510ffb708fb57a2dc3f6c5ad1ffc1d819c3c030711d7

1 Like

Still waiting with you! Haha! Hopefully we’ll get some good news Monday.

I honestly thought I would have gotten shipment notification by now, it is the middle of the 5th week, I know they have six weeks for delivery but if it takes a week to ship it here, to Texas, that means the shipping notice has to come before friday, 2 1/2 days. I’m going crazy… Meanwhile I am seeing posts from people who received the “Golden Email” three days after me saying they have received shipping notice and it will be delivered Monday, it’s torture. I will go back to checking email, checking Spam folders, checking the UPS MyChoice site, and waiting. I hope I get notification in time to Hold shipment, not liking the two broken glass in the UPS delivery trucks that I have seen.

1 Like