Milk Typography Cut in a 5mm thick white acrylic!

Hi there!

How sweet was watching the GF pass through the 5mm thick acrylic in one pass! Mesmerising!

I hope u guys like the design!

Thanks!

38 Likes

That’s a nice logotype you’ve created there. Having cut some clear 5mm acrylic in one pass this week I found the bottom edge had a slight burr - did yours suffer from this?

2 Likes

I always create it with Illustrator, if needed, before I do a bit adjustments with Photoshop before sending it to Illustrator! So I pretty much cut, score and engrave vectors so I don’t ’ Get any incorrect values withing the Jpg/png file!
Also, I use Astute clean path to make sure the file is as clean as possible!

8 Likes

Me too, I’m an Illustrator veteran (from around the 1988 issue). Never heard of Astute though! Coming from a world before Macs, my artwork is seriously clean, no superfluous points to be found :smile:

5 Likes

Kkk everyday we must learn something new! :blush: my grandma always said: “you are never too young to teach something new and you are never too old to learn something new” :wink:

Have a look, Astute has a nice plugins for Illustrator !

Take care!

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Looks good enough to drink!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the “heads-up” on Astute Graphics plugins. Though a tad expensive, I’m trying the 14 day trial of Vector FirstAid and Vector Scribe. They are amazing!

As I’m making the transition from a Photoshop/InDesign background to Illustrator for the Glowforge, these plugins are quite helpful.

2 Likes

Where are the Oreo’s to go with it?:grinning:

2 Likes

They are amazing and a time saver when working with many designs !

Looks creamy! :grinning:

1 Like

Good use of negative space.

#necrogame