Mini toaster - ornament or not

This is adorable!! Thank you!!

1 Like

These are adorable.

Mijn einge vraag: Waar is de hagelslag?! :yum:

2 Likes

Here is some “hagelslag!”

4 Likes

God I can’t wait to get back to NL and fill a suitcase with stroopwafels and hagelslag.

2 Likes

so cute

1 Like

With me it is Zaanse mayonnaise in a tube. Last time my sister visited Amsterdam she sent me 19 tubes! They’ll last me awhile. Speaking of toast - used to put peanut butter then mayo on. Or cheese and mayo.

2 Likes

satay sauce with mayo and French fries is a “patatje flip” satay sauce with mayo, ketchup and chopped onions and French fries is a “patatje oorlog” You can get it in every snackbar in holland
peanut butter with mayo on sounds very American to me tho! :blush:

2 Likes

What a fine little toaster!

1 Like

In the before times, I got to travel a lot for work. Breakfast in the Netherlands was an adventure. But I still think the best burger I’ve ever had was in Groningen.

Anyway, I got hooked on the hagelslag. I order it from Amazon. My family thinks I’m crazy. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043P3GE0

2 Likes

How did you even find breakfast … I don’t ever remember eating breakfast out, or a place that offered it.

Company cafeteria. I think by the second day we’d figured out to avoid the tube of raw meat.

5 Likes

Too funny…. Nothing looks very appetizing except for the hagelslag. Of course I grew up with the frugal version of only ever putting one slice of anything (be that cheese, or deli meats) on your toast. Imagine coming to the states and getting loaded up sandwiches…

1 Like

Wow awesome thanks

1 Like

Ossenworst with chopped spring onions lettuce mayo and a boiled egg on top! yummy!

1 Like

Squeeeeeee!! Love this little toaster!

2 Likes

Squeal! So cute!

1 Like