Miniature furniture made from copy paper

This post is more about the technique than the project.

I take regular copy paper and paint it with watercolor cakes to resemble the color of tree bark. I dry the paper with an iron then I TIGHTLY roll the paper into long rolls. I roll the paper over a toothpick.The GF will cut the different lengths I need.

I distress the ends with the point of a Exacto blade. I will tear off very tiny pieces of the colored copy paper rolls and adhere those tiny pieces to the longer rolls to resemble knots.

Finally I add dried flowers, Woodland Scenics lichen to the furniture and paint and distress the ends again. I refer to pics of tree bark through the entire process.

This miniature collection is called Forest Furniture. Assembly, painting and distressing takes about 6-7 hours for the set.

Pricing and I am NOT joking. I have 3 different prices when selling this set.

If a client lives in a home valued between $100,000-$150,000 the price is $30.

Over $150,000- $200,000 the cost is $75

Over $200,000 cost is $150

I will anonymously donate any miniature furniture for an auction to benefit the lives of doggies, kitties and children with physical disabilities.

If you shoot a firearm better than me —-you get the furniture for FREE!!!
If I shoot better than you— the cost is double.

I have yet to give away my beloved furniture to another recreational shooter.

35 Likes

Well, that is excessively cool! I thought those were real twigs! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

Seriously, even after reading your description it’s hard to see those as anything other than real twigs!

11 Likes

How do you get the bends and knots in each twig/branch?

7 Likes

That is amazing!!! Hmmmm I need to learn how to do this!

6 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

5 Likes

Gobsmacked I am.

4 Likes

Quite amazing to get not only the wood look but the wood look at shrunken scale :heart_eyes: We used dried lichen that you can buy from model railroad hobby shops for green leaves in models. Did you use something similar?

4 Likes

@PocoBoho @designvh619 Before I paint the paper—- I crumple up the paper. After I dry the paper I crumple the paper again. After it is cut with the GF —- I LIGHTLY mist the paper rolls with a diluted liquid starch. Now I am able to shape the paper with a toothpick. I made up this technique 30 years ago—- I just updated the cutting process with the GF.

@rbtdanforth This is same lichen that is used for model railroading.

13 Likes

Just, wow! Such a painstaking process but the results are worth it. I would never think those weren’t real twigs.

4 Likes

That is truly amazing!! WOW!!

3 Likes

Wow! Interesting! This has video written all over it including the shoot out. When you say

If you shoot a firearm better than me

Is this some sort of duel or are there targets involved? I will assume for forum rules sake it is the latter. :smiley:

7 Likes

There are targets in duels. Heh heh

3 Likes

Perhaps using these?

3 Likes

Those look amazing! Just like tree branches!

4 Likes

What a neat technique!

4 Likes

Love these!! Love the addition of the green.

2 Likes

Those are fabulous!

1 Like