Miniature harp for the orchestra!

This is a 3 layered file.
Front and back on :proofgrade: cherry ply, middle is :proofgrade: clear acrylic.
Set green to score, red to engrave, black to cut.
It’s about 3" tall. Resize if needed.
For personal and orchestra use only!

Edit: Just added an optional back panel for those wanting to use this as an ornament, pendant or keychain .

harp
For personal use only as per forum rules!

harp.svg.zip (14.1 KB)

42 Likes

Awesome!! Would make a nice Christmas ornament too!

2 Likes

Ohmygosh, this is amazing! Such a clever way to do the strings. Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you so much. Very clever.

1 Like

Oh, very nice! Thank you for sharing the file!

1 Like

This may be my new favorite!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!! I’m always looking for instrument ideas, especially for my kids teachers.

1 Like

Very clever and the clear acrylic “strings” put it over the top.

3 Likes

Thank You for the file.

1 Like

That is awesome!

This reminds me of something random. At one of my old jobs, there was this fancy grocery store we would go to for lunch sometimes. How fancy was it? They had a harpist that played there on certain days of the week.

3 Likes

How awesome is that!!!

1 Like

It made for a very pleasant shopping experience. :grinning:

1 Like

I was having a hard time figuring out your ‘strings’. Finally read closer and see the middle layer is from clear acrylic! Now it makes sense :slight_smile: Great execution.

2 Likes

Don’t know what made me think of doing it that way, but it works very well. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh! Always though it would be cool to have a harp! Now I can! Thank you!

2 Likes

My 16 yr old dtr has played the harp for 10 yrs. The only thing she wanted me to make on the GF was a harp. I so appreciate you uploading this design. Her 17th bday is in 5 days and she will definitely be getting one of these! Thank you again!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @luckyhodge13!
So pleased to hear about your daughter, she’s one lucky girl to be able to play the harp. I’ll add a loop to the back panel, so she can use it as a pendant or keychain - later today. Am also finalizing a Celtic harp design I will post.

1 Like

Just posted the additional back panel with a loop. Thought of all kinds of harp related things you could print for your daughter. Box with harp in the lid, acrylic strings inside; phone stand; votive with the acrylic strands showing through. I may have to make a few of these for my own harp friend!

3 Likes

Thank you again, you are too kind!

2 Likes

I admired this when it was first posted, but didn’t expect to make one…had lunch with a friend today, she’s in her 80’s, and she was saying she’s trying to arrange her volunteer days so she has an afternoon free each week to get back to playing harp…I got home and immediately cut one of these to send to her! Thank you for posting your designs!

1 Like