I didn’t search extensively, but couldn’t find mention of this anywhere else so thought to list them here and see if anyone has solutions.
Copy-Paste then Move Bug
The cursor will very often select the copied and not the pasted objects, which is very annoying. Especially when I’m trying to make a row of multiple of the same objects.
Example: I have object A and want to make a second one. I copy object A (control+C) then paste (control+V). I mouse over, left-click, and drag the copy, object B. However, the UI selects the object A instead.
Occurrence: basically any time I have to copy-paste-drag things, since several weeks/months ago
Workaround 1: Mouse over emptiness to de-select A, then carefully mouse over only the parts of B that aren’t on top of A, left-click drag as normal.
Workaround 2: Use the keyboard arrow keys to move object B right after pasting it, then use the mouse to left-click and drag faster.
Upload fail error
I upload an svg file, and they usually take a few seconds. Sometimes, the UI is stuck loading it for minutes.
Example: I create an svg file (and I’ve uploaded several hundred of the same type before with no issue) and use the upload button within an existing file to upload. It hangs for several minutes and doesn’t load.
Occurrence: About 1 in 5 upload since about 1-2 weeks ago (around the update with new pro/trial system?)
Workaround 1: If the upload hangs for longer than 30s, kill the upload and try again. Subsequent successful attempt takes like 3 seconds to load.
Too many uploads spoil the file
Example: I uploaded perhaps 10-20 individual svg files into one design library space. Opened it up again a few days/weeks later, and half of the files are gone, perhaps returned to a previous save state?
Occurrence: Happened to 2-3 large design workspaces (10-20+ files), but several months ago (so this bug may be too old to hunt and fix)
Workaround 1: Put less designs in one workspace (I did this because I rarely print them more than once every couple months, and they all belonged to the same category.)
And some minor gripes from the new update (some of which have been mentioned before):
- No system to organize or sort the Design Library (I would like to have folders)
- Now recently edited files show up in the most recent squares (before, only files that have been recently uploaded to renamed jumped to the top) which has killed my method of organizing things
- Need two clicks to upload something within a file due to the new UI
Sorry for the negativity, I still love my machine and Glowforge is excellent! Also, this is my workaround for finding files fast/organizing my files:
- control+F file names in the Design Library is live again (it was gone for a time, but I just checked and it’s back ><) - currently the best way to pull up something without organizing files/order/filters. Rename your files something smart and you will be able to find them over and over again!
- make your own webpage and link to the specific design files? (tempting but a lot of work)