Mirrors again

23 Likes

Came out great!

3 Likes

Good job!

1 Like

Nice!
Certified since 1984, the Caribbean is my old friend. As I mentioned previously, I’m a thermal sissy, so the Gulf Stream is my friend also.
That current circulates south (warm) to North while the Pacific is the opposite (cold).

I don’t really have a bucket list, but I really want to see the Magellanic clouds while I’m here, I wonder how far South I have to go to see them.

4 Likes

Very Nice! Been a while (80’s) since I was certified. Sadly while living in the Caribbean its been a while since I’ve had the time to enjoy…

1 Like

Weirdly I was taught by a certified WMCA teacher but was never certified myself. In those days there was little requirement for certification as eventually it seemed you needed certification to buy a dive mask. I even worked my way through college in part as a salvage diver till the MHE did me in. I could toss a hundred pound chunk of boat into the truck but painting the side of a boat did me in in minutes (had a similar issue in a donut shop. 100# bucket of dough no problem but moving individual donuts from one tray to another did me in)

To this day I have been to 65’ in Gulf of California free diving, and 60’ in fresh water scuba but only 35’ in the Fla Keys scuba diving in salt water.

3 Likes

And the second mirror for the director of Neptune Warrior…

7 Likes

Both of these are terrific.

With a SCUBA PRO regulator, The hoses that exhausted the bubbles at the primary regulator on the bottle behind you as opposed to exhausting out of the secondary - so all of the bubbles thunder by your ears (like Sherwood).

That’s OK, my cheaper
sherwood has supported my life for almost 40 years. Best sport ever - the more you relax, the better you are at it.

1 Like

I think exhaust behind the head is pretty nice. However I sadly don’t have it on my reg… ;(

Maybe I could laser something and glue it on…

1 Like

I remember when the dive shop owner when I trying to choose between a Dacor regulator an a cheaper one, he said either one would last me a lifetime, one way or the other. That was a great sales pitch.

7 Likes

Yeah, I remind newer divers that they have the rest of their lives to solve whatever problem they encounter under water and they should prepare accordingly.

3 Likes

Me too - I wear a full wetsuit in the Keys up until the end of April or so.

I got dry suit certified and bought myself a dry suit to dive up North (CT, RI…)

1 Like

I presume you did that on the back of the mirror. Did it turn black, or did you paint it? Any possibility that you could have painted it a different color, like red for that dive flag design? Not criticizing, but I have only done mirrors on the glass side, not the back, and want to know what I could expect doing it the other way.

Yes, I could do red or blue or… and I think it would work fine… I just liked black… i did put some white behind it but that looked weird.

And yes, I engraved the back, and yes, it’s painted… it’s clear otherwise and will pickup the color of what’s behind it (generally).

2 Likes

Oooo I really like this one a lot! Great work.

2 Likes