Mis-alignment... or so?

Hey there!
Finally I got my glowforge today and after engraving and cutting the ruler I tried „the box“.
On the first try there was some mis-alignment from engrave to cut and the glowforge logo looked very odd.
So I tried it a second time. The alignment worked but the glowforge logo still looks not right.
Is this a known problem (at the start?), does anyone know how to solve it?
There‘s so much to learn :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Flo

First try:

Second:

Looks like it collided and lost some steps - probably on the very right hand side…

Update:
Yeah, there is definitly something wrong :thinking:

Power cycle the machine to get a new calibration. Stay an inch or so away from the right side limits but you should be able to continue to engrave until Support gets back to you about the right side collisions.

Restarting the glowforge and let it calibrate anew seems to work. I‘ll have an eye on it - thanks a lot!

Thanks for reaching out. I’m so sorry your prints didn’t turn out beautifully, and I’m happy to help.

Would you mind trying a few troubleshooting steps?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on
  5. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Draftboard in the lower right hand corner of the bed
  6. Let us know the result. If the print looks incorrect, please include a photo.

Thank you in advance!

Hey vee,
thank you for your reply!
After trying to restart and recalibrate the laser as rpegg advised it worked everything as intended.
Thanks!
Flo

Have you tried cutting near the right side again? If there are still collisions on that side after a normal calibration then it would be worthy of opening a new P&S report.