Mislabeled Proofgrade

I have received two shipments of proofgrade within which items have been mislabeled. The original shipment with the pro bonus founder’s materials has two pieces of leather both labeled as “medium”, but they’re far from the same thickness - one is quite thin and the other is quite stiff, so I have no idea what “medium” might be. More importantly is that I just cut into a piece of proofgrade labeled “frosted clear acrylic” to discover that it is actually very clear, and that I’ve wasted some material. Good thing I’m not on the hook for an order.

I wonder what my other material might actually be? Where is QC and QA?

Otherwise, I couldn’t be happier with the Glowforge! (except for camera alignment though, seriously).

1 Like

Frosted Clear is indeed clear, but with one side there’s a texture to it they’re calling “frosted”. I was surprised it was more clear than I expected, but it’s not mislabeled.
“Fluorescent blue” doesn’t fluoresce, or if it does it’s not much.

1 Like

Medium leather is 2-3 oz. So theoretically varies between 1/32" to 3/64". But those aren’t hard limits. All of the medium I’ve bought though seems on the heavier end of the range.

I’ve recieved leather with the wrong proofgrade sticker on it as well.

It said standard, when in fact it was thick leather.

At least one sheet I’ve received is crystal clear.

That’s why we put that little piece of rubber on the end of a pencil. Life on Earth. :grimacing:

I’ll bet support will make it right.

@wrightbros I’m so sorry we missed your message! I’ve added credit to your account to replace the sheet of frosted acrylic.

If you have a way to measure the thickness of the two leathers, please do. If not, could you send us a picture of the pieces?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.