Model House/Memory Box (lots of pics)

Late last summer I was in a deep creative rut and was simply sharing photos of older projects. Someone who saw them sent me a couple screenshots asking if I could reproduce this home so she could give it to her daughter. I saw the pics and thought, cool house but I seriously doubt I could actually make something like that. But I did what any good artist would do - I lied and said “YES, I’LL DO IT”. LOL, kidding. I’m sure I actually said some more like “I’ll try”. But try I did.

It is made up of nearly 300 individual pieces (not including all the “shingles” and templates) of .125” and .06” MDF, .06” acrylic, 24 pt. Card-stock, and craft book paper - all drawn in Illustrator, cut on the forge, and painted by hand. It is 1:87 scale.

My absolute favorite thing about this one is that it’s not “just a model”. It’s actually a keepsake box. Because it is intended to be a gift, I made removable acrylic boxes inside to hold little “treasures”. :slight_smile:

It was an honor and a challenge to create it. I was grateful for the opportunity and it really got me motivated again. Thanks!

67 Likes

That is fantastic, All the detail is great.

4 Likes

I’m gobsmacked!this is absolutely gorgeous! And it looks like it could double as doll house. Wow! Just wow!

6 Likes

Over the top success!! I am glad you broke out of your creative rut.

7 Likes

Just WOW…

I am lost for words.

6 Likes

This doesn’t even show his creative talent as well as in person. My daughter and her husband were amazed by this. He did a FANTASTIC job!! i was amazed at the likeness of their house. Thanks again @timmystreehouse !!

8 Likes

4 Likes

Incredible re-creation! :grinning:

5 Likes

Wow, what a labor of love! The details and paint work are just amazing!

5 Likes

You are a wizard

6 Likes

You are getting so dialed in with these buildings. Nice.

7 Likes

Wow…now that’s a house. I would be happy to live in just the garage. You did a fantastic job.

6 Likes

Incredible home, even more incredible model!

6 Likes

Awesome that you chose HO scale for this too!

What a great keepsake.

6 Likes

Wow - you have done an amazing job with this - it’s mind blowing. Even just as a model without the box part but that just makes it all that much more special for the recipient.

7 Likes

Fantastic! I’m sure that was a rewarding effort.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing!

5 Likes

You do such great outstanding detailed work! I wouldn’t worry about being in a rut. No evidence of that.

5 Likes

Absolutely incredible!! Thanks for sharing the step-by-step photos ~ love seeing the process.

4 Likes

I am beyond stunned in your ability and craftsmanship. You are the ultimate professional Glowforger and designer. They must have been thrilled beyond measure. I am in total awe.

5 Likes