Moisture Problems

That is what I envisioned.

1 Like

My blast gate is also on the inside closest to the window. In my setup that’s much easier to access than the back of the GF.

The beauty of my setup is that I can use my ducting and inline fan to draw air thru the house most days. I said above I leave doors open, I have a 1/2 acre fenced back yard and my dog (in the past, plural) can come and go as they please, and I run the GF duct fan with the hose disconnected, sometimes for days on end.

The window my machine vents out of is 35’ away, down a very narrow hallway that I use as a bit of a storage room. So my ~600CFM duct fan is on a smart plug down that hallway and I just tell Alexa to turn it on and off. I have a 10’, 6" hose between the fan and the window, and 25’ of 4" hose from there that I slip onto the back of the machine when needed. I also now have a resin printer, and have cobbled together a way to have the hose draw the fumes from there when printing as well.

Last time I printed using either the GF or resin printer was a few days ago, but the fan has been going the whole time. I put an LED bulb on the same circuit so I can visually confirm the fan is on (can’t hear it while in operation…)

1 Like

I know this may not be super helpful since everything I did is pretty much homemade but here is my solution. It may give you ideas to solve your issues.

I have my glowforge in a naturally cool basement (65-70) and I am in Wisconsin so the outside temperature and humidity is rarely the same as the basement. I never leave the Glowforge connected to the outdoors when I’m not using it. My setup allows me to completely disconnect the Glowforge and keep air from the outside unintendedly letting cold or warm outside air (and critters) in the laser or the basement.

That’s quite the set up you have. This group is so creative and innovative which is why I want to come back to glow forge. I know even though I don’t have all these skills and knowledge…that its easy to get help and information here.

So do you know does glow forge have codes for discounts and referrals still?

1 Like

Wow. Just wow. Great set up.

My machine would end up being right by a window so I would have to vent through the window right next to it. I’m super worried about bugs getting in…
It so much to spend and then one bug could screw up the whole thing.
Even if I unplug it from the outside, which I will be doing this time, there is still a chance something would get in while I am using it.

2 Likes

I’ve had bugs make their way into my Glowforge on occasion, it doesn’t hurt anything and I wouldn’t be concerned about that.

Yes, they have essentially the same referral program where you get a discount on your purchase and the referrer gets a gift card to the Glowforge Shop. Here’s my link if you’d like:

https://glowforge.us/r/GMSCZQGJ

It’s good for $500 off a Pro, $250 off a Plus and $125 off a Basic.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Probably 99% of the over 100,000 owners vent directly outside, nobody has ever reported a bug getting in or causing a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.