More Adobe Illustrator Help Needed

Hello,
I am trying to create something similar to this in adobe. I already have the shape outline, now trying to figure out how to merge the text into the shape on the side like this photo.

00%20PM

Cut the heart shape, fit in the text, then merge the edges. The heart shape needs to be a filled shape, not a stroked line, so Expand that after you have cut the section out.

2 Likes

Ok so I made the heart shape filled… but when I put the text onto the side line of the heart and select merge, it still leaves me a filled heart shape, so how would I get it it back to just the outline of the word and heart together?

Okay, I wasn’t clear about that - sorry.

Put a stroke color on the heart. Make it a red stroke and only 1 pt thick. No fill on the heart yet. It’s going to look like a line at this point.
Put the heart shape on top of the text and cut it with the scissors tool so that there is a slight overlap with the text at the very edges.

Delete the section of the heart line between the arrows. That will give you a mostly heart shaped red path.

Increase the stroke width on the heart shaped path to be as wide as you want it to be - maybe 10-15 points. Select the heart shaped path and click Object > Expand.

Once you have expanded the heart, you will be able to select both it and the text and merge them using Path > Union. Just make sure there’s a slight overlap of the text and the heart path ends.

4 Likes

You are seriously amazing! It worked! I can’t thank you enough!!!

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! Post pics when you get it done, it looks cool! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Will do!!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.