More Adventures in 3D deep engraving

fill it with a clear resin and turn it into a coaster

1 Like

That’s a great point :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are only three inches in diameter. Each one took about 36 minutes. And all of these ideas are quite amazing, and appreciated!

3 Likes

@ryan.niemer @livinsub @jamespaquette1 I googled ‘grayscale 3d laser images’ and found a bunch that way. This file is the one I used for the red one. I took out the background and added a cut ring separately- otherwise, I chose Thick red acrylic as material, and 3D Deep Engrave became an option in the menu. I removed the plastic film on the top before engraving, since I’ve read here that it can cause problems.

33 Likes

Okay very interesting! Thanks for posting the image as well!

Yum! Lifesavers!

2 Likes

Well Done!

2 Likes

Very well done. I love 3d engraves.

2 Likes

Those are amazing!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

I love these! Super awesome job. So you didn’t use any masking at all on your acrylic?

I did not mask at all, and for all three (black, blue, and red) there were no issues. Just wiped them clean afterwards. :slight_smile:

Those are pretty. I’d reverse the color to make a negative and use it as stamps for my polymer clay projects.

6 Likes

Would be amazing in porcelain as well

3 Likes

I see small coasters. Make some that are 3-1/2" in diameter and they fly off the shelves! You could put the engrave on the reverse side too.

1 Like

I made this variant by using 1/8 acrylic with these settings
Thick Acrylic
Deep 3D Engrave

24 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Beautiful design!

I’d love to use this technique to make custom checker or backgammon pieces. These turned out great!

2 Likes

I think they would make good coasters even without the resin. The engraving would give the glas sweat a place to go.

2 Likes