More Art / Book Stand Mods

These are modifications of @Janerlea’s Art / Book Stand (Free Art / Book Stand), posted with her permission. :heart_eyes:

I wanted to use the Springtime in Kyoto and Waves of Good Fortune patterns from the GF store to display earrings, and needed a way to stand them more upright rather than tilted back, hence this mod. Then I shrunk it to make one to display my etched tiles.

The larger one is sized for 0.19" material (mine are cut from Home Depot chalkboard), and the smaller one for 0.13"ish stuff.

Book%20Stand%20Mods

53 Likes

Thank you and @Janerlea! These simple items are among the most useful, and this design is beautiful as well.

5 Likes

Yes, thank you both! Also, thank you for posting your material thicknesses on these.

2 Likes

Is it possible to see a photo of the finished product? I am having a hard time visualizing what it would like upon completion.

Yes, click the link in my post at the top, and you can see @Janerlea’s photo, and scroll down for a bunch of variations of it, as well. My version just doesn’t lean back as far. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed for my first fair tomorrow!!

I noticed that when I cut these, there was a duplicate cut. I tracked it down to the svg file – both of the parts (small and large) with the notch at the top had a 75% duplicate path. Here is an updated file with this extra path deleted. The notch sizes are exactly as @geek2nurse designed.

Thanks again to @janerlea for the original file, and @geek2nurse for the modification.

more art stands geek2nurse dup paths deleted

4 Likes

These are perfect. I assume they are for personal use only?

Files shared through free laser designs are personal use only.

2 Likes

How do you download the file?

Right click and Save As .svg

1 Like

I feel so dumb! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Almost everyone asks that question once :slight_smile:

1 Like