More Etching on Tile (inspired by glowforge1's post)

Loved the look of the etched ceramic tile in ‘glowforge1’s’ post, and i used to love Calvin and Hobbes, but haven’t thought about that comic in years, so i made one up. The coloring in the lines i used black acrylic paint thinned down. Smeared it all on the tile, scraped it off with a putty knife (it took almost all the outer paint off by itself) and there was just a little clean up with a damp cloth. I’m already wanting to do a 3 panel comic on 3 tiles mounted to a board maybe, or maybe a little stand to hold them.

Two more i made today, still need to do a bit of cleanup work on them .
IMAG0605
IMAG0606

46 Likes

Just picked up some of these tiles and hope to play tomorrow!

3 Likes

Nice job!

3 Likes

Looks great, the panel idea would make a great present.

3 Likes

Great result!

2 Likes

Looks great. Where did you get your tiles?

2 Likes

At Lowe’s, 81 cents each here, will be looking around to see if i can find them cheaper somewhere.

1 Like

Thank You

1 Like

We have a Floor & Decor near by. I will check it out.

1 Like

Has anyone tried photo engraving and inking tile yet?

Yep. If by inking you mean “running a sharpie over the area and then wiping it back off”. Works fine, can’t go too high on the lpi if you want it to still look halftoned. Also should probably use a better technique to ensure uniform ink coverage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got a chance to try out this technique…I’m in love!! :heart_eyes:

Used a sharpie and wiped it with a babywipe and came off easily. The guy at Lowes already wants to buy some as he’s currently building a house.

6 Likes

Very cool! (And cheaper than the lasertiles.) :grinning:

2 Likes