More fairy doors

Another batch of fairy doors for the neighbors:

I modified a design I made last November to make this door easier to make in bulk. The iron ring door handles were printed on my resin 3D printer.

The fairy door thing has really taken off! Virtually everyone on our street has them now (most of them made by me) and in the greater neighborhood at least four additional ones were set up, some with elaborate scene staging. One guy on our street even climbed up his big tree to put one about 15 feet up.

50 Likes

Nice! And I love the kitty waiting for a mouse to come popping out of one of the doors… :thinking:

9 Likes

What a wonderful and enchanted touch you’ve added to your whole neighborhood!

6 Likes

Can you post more pictures of them in place? I love to see how others decorate with them, they get so creative!

6 Likes

Those are great! What a delightful thing for people to find…I’m sure children in your neighborhood love seeing them!

4 Likes

They look freaking awesome :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve got a broken fence pocket about 6 inches of the bottom, I could replace the 20 year old broken one with a new picket, but one of these would serve very well!

4 Likes

I love these!!! I need to add some to our neighborhood!

1 Like

Hmm…

Nobody would ever see it but me and my dog, but…

5 Likes

It’ll look better in daylight…

15 Likes

I think it’s so cool that you got that going in your neighborhood! It almost makes me wish we had neighbors. But only almost. :wink:

7 Likes

These are so stinkin’ cute! I love them but not sure where I’d put one at my house. Like @bill.m.davis I’d love to see more pictures of them in place.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome! Hopefully the other side of the gap is friendly, not filled with orcs.

2 Likes

It actually might be, it’s a dark & dangerous place, hence the need for a strong door!

3 Likes

Okay gang (esp @jeanneleigh and @bill.m.davis), we went on our neighborhood walk this morning and took photos of all the doors we found (including my hobbit hole). There is one more out there, probably the best one–I’ve seen a photo on a neighbor’s phone but she was vague about where it was and we haven’t found it so far.

13 Likes

So cute - thanks for taking all the photos!

3 Likes

As anticipated, looks much better in daylight.

I might have to make something to put on the street and see how long it lasts (before being swiped…)

9 Likes

Those are adorable! I like some implementations better than others, but all are very creative.

3 Likes

These are so delightful! What a fun neighborhood!

5 Likes

Loved seeing all the little details!

2 Likes