More fun with Woven Textures!

Ooh - if you made it out of acrylic it could even stay near the sink for the soaps people use!

8 Likes

I’ve experienced that, when inspiration strikes like a bucket of water in the face…

6 Likes

Neat!

2 Likes

Related(?), previously:

3 Likes

I know, I know, I was thinking of that one too. But I can’t play with that until I find the box with my brass rods in it, and the weaving with wood in two directions is tickling my brain. :wink:

4 Likes

Very cool! I never saw that. I need to go back and catch up on some posts apparently.

1 Like

Nice one! My vote goes for trivet.

3 Likes

I have been thinking along those lines but have not arrived at that level of the list …

3 Likes

Your weaving a spell on the community.

3 Likes

Would be a great tea trivet! It is very eye appealing.

1 Like

I am really liking the basket weaves you’ve created. Super cool looking!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Of course you could just cut or engrave a woven texture…

1 Like

Yeah you could. I like a challenge of creating something.

Those were.

Yeah, need to assemble it. All those accurate parts fitting together so nicely, the thrill of edges lining up, intricate geometries and patterns being formed! SLAP! ok ok I’m fine, really. I’m fine.

1 Like

Not sure what you thought I meant, but I was talking about the challenge for me to do it the way I did not that yours lacked any type of challenge. Sorry if looked that way.

2 Likes

LOL. I am such a math geek. It was fun just to figure out all the angles.

1 Like

Looks like you could modify it to make a downdraft table for sanding. Just put holes or slots in the support boards underneath, and add a 2.5” or 4” hose port.

2 Likes

That’s a great Idea! Also the piece is open weave. No need to modify. There are actually spaces in between all of the weaving. I might need to think about how that application could work! Welcome to community!

3 Likes