Bunch of stain (which is a lot darker than I planned but it still looks ok), some glue, some nails… Starting to look more like a gingerbread clock at this point. Everything but the molding on the base is cut home depot birch ply and the base is quarter inch MDF for weight.
Everything measured (aside from some design changes to facilitate easy access to the back of the clock) from my parts clock circa 1864. Since I’ll be using modern battery operated pendulum and clock movement, I had to make the back removable so I added finger holds (hence the cover plates you can see) and held on by four neodymium magnets.
Couldn’t find a real bezel to use as the originals used a metal pan/plate the face was glued into and the bezel was integral to it. Struggled for a few days to find something I could repurpose to make into a bezel and then I realized I was an idiot because I own multiple 3D printers. I broke out the CR10S Pro and Fusion 360 and hammered out a bezel quickly… Then turned to photoshop to create the face from scratch as well. The results from that are thus: