More Laser Cut Fabric Fun:)

I am getting ready to do a segment on how to create laser-cut lines and shapes out of fabric on the Glowforge. Will also cover create things to do with them.

Can’t wait. It’ll be on QATV (Quilting Arts Television) for PBS station as well as streaming on-line.

44 Likes

I hope to see your segments.

8 Likes

Very cool! How do you stabilize the fabric to prevent fraying?

6 Likes

That’s so cool! I just checked my local PBS station, and we don’t get QATV. :slightly_frowning_face: Do you know when it’ll be happening, and can I find it on the QATV website? (I assume they have a website. lol)

And man, that roadmap quilt looks so interesting! If you have more photos, I’d love to see more of it.

5 Likes

Congratulations @valeriegoodwin. Please make sure to post the streaming link for the rest of us.

6 Likes

Ooh. Those are pretty! Good luck with your segment. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very pretty! Good luck!

4 Likes

Wonderful! Good luck!

5 Likes

Certain fabrics cut best. I use a light fusible webbing on the back.

4 Likes

OMG!! As someone who splits time between her sewing machine and her Glowforge, I’m super excited about this. Please keep us posted on when, where and how to view your segments!

5 Likes

I am also writing an article for a magazine. I will let you know when/if it’s published.

6 Likes

That’s fantastic! Looking forward to seeing it.

I’ve been creating svg files for a wall hanging wall quilt which I had purchased years ago. I’m looking forward to starting.

Please post when done. That’s terrific!