More than a Cake Icon

You know what a leader is? The one who got accidentally stuck at the front of the tidal wave right before it let go. :rofl:

This all would have happened eventually with or without me being here, so thank you very sincerely, i love you all, and stop thinking I had anything to do with this…it’s inside each and every one of you. (If it hadn’t been there, none of this would have happened.)

I’d much prefer that any accolades go to the people who have really earned them…and that’s the team at Glowforge. They don’t get near the credit they deserve for having delivered a fantastic machine that allowed us all to come together, and for patiently fixing problems and answering questions and designing and redesigning and being soooooooo incredibly patient with people who don’t understand how hard it is to pull something like this off.

They created this culture. And they have my full support as a result.

5 Likes

:hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:
Here TOO YEAH!
:hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:

3 Likes

meh… she’s alright. :smile:

9 Likes

Well said. You can try to deflect with your modesty… but we all know where the bear sits.
Lemme help. This place is populated with helpful souls, and the friendly atmosphere is a reflection on all of us, but - OK, nevermind. :rose: :grin:

Something to do with a dopamine OD?

With Jules being very careful not to show herself with the exception of a fingertip here and there, It is left to the imagination. To me…

wonder%20woman

Just a shade pinker today.

6 Likes

Wow! So close! :smile:

6 Likes

I knew it! Should be your avitar!

2 Likes

Interesting.

2 Likes

I had a friend who was a dead ringer for Linda Carter…does that count? (She was tall too, over six feet.)

2 Likes

More about adrenaline and vasodilation, I think. :wink:

3 Likes

My understanding is that her hair is a bit more curly but that looks pretty close. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When she worked in an office, once a month or so I would to sneak up on her with a single rose and just stand behind her until she noticed me. Bright red, blushed like a schoolgirl! I lived for that.
Interesting autonomic response. We are such emotional creatures.

3 Likes

Well, it’s been three years…

and yes, I’m too lazy to take the picture out of the frame…I’m the short one.

Now you know what I used to look like. :wink:

16 Likes

Wow! :star_struck: Only difference is the hair color! Thanks for that, sorry to goad you into that.
Formative years for me. Happy to be here.
I remember the angst while we waited, and the frustration of the next delay. Funny how all that dropped away isn’t it?

4 Likes

Ded, looks like you are about to out your countenance and you post a even older photo than the Peter Pan one. :rofl:

4 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

Happy cake day! Love the wedding pic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Huh. While I’m not surprised at your pic, hubs is nothing like I thought.

1 Like

He’s 6’5", lanky as a reed, and when he shaves that beard off, he looks like he’s about 17 years old. (Still). :smile:

He really is one of the most hard-working generous people I know. A truly good person. (And definitely a much better person than I am.)

7 Likes

Your prior comments about him had me thinking he was bigger (not taller - bulkier). More of a Texas pickup truck guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, he’s not bulky at all. Very…stately. (For that you can read he’s all legs. We have a hell of a time finding pants that fit him.)

2 Likes