More than a Cake Icon

My genetic bone issues make all who have it short limbed so i have similar problems at the other extreme. Standing i am a normal 6 foot but sitting down i am usually a head taller than those about me.

It makes it interesting as a friend with long legs looks like a kid sitting across from me though we are about the same standing up…

2 Likes

Next tutorial by @Jules is going to be how to carve tissues out of PG materials she needed today.

2 Likes

I’m glad this post was made, because I legitimately knew someone would do it. Jules is definitely an icon and pillar of this community! Easily the most diligent and helpful that I’ve seen. Easiest way to put it is she’s the genuine article!

5 Likes

Sounds like my brothers. Maybe @timjedwards will tell you where he shops; he’s 6’7". :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My easy solution is to wear a lot of shorts weather permitting

3 Likes

Oh any online resources for pants would be great @timjedwards…the only options he has at the moment are jeans, cheap trousers that ride at about his ankles, or having them tailored, and that’s expensive and inconvenient.

Big and Tall shops didn’t really work very well for him, they never had waist sizes at the narrow end of the spectrum. (Of course he’s gained a little weight over the years, so it’s not quite as difficult now.)

2 Likes

And I did want to thank everyone for the lovely comments yesterday…you all absolutely made my day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Little known fact: before she was helping everyone with the Glowforge she was helping people with Makergear 3D printers. Thank You for both!

5 Likes

Chuckle! I had a lot of spare time on my hands after that good looking fellow in the picture fired me. :wink:

4 Likes

The obvious question is, What is the next thing you’re going to get into? Just so I know what I’m going to end up buying in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl: You know, I have no idea. CNC doesn’t appeal…too much swarf involved. Never wanted to work with metals so plasma cutters are out. (And we sell torches anyway so nothing exciting there…)

But you never know what will pop up…something interesting is bound to come along. :grinning:

4 Likes

Gas or plasma?

1 Like

And before that, she was helping people with the Wishblade! and the Gazelle!

2 Likes

Gas. Mapp and Propane.

1 Like

Ill bet something like this could be a great business in Texas. I know there is (or was) one in Tucson.

1 Like

Did someone say propane?

7 Likes

He loves that show. :smile:

1 Like

Belated Cakeday wishes, @Jules!

I love the photo that you shared - nice to have a face to put with the hedgie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day, @Jules, your tutorials have been invaluable for newbies like myself. Thank you for your generosity.

3 Likes

Although I did wish you a quick happy cake day … You make a lot of us smile by just seeing one of your posts!

You have done so much work, and your sweet disposition is something we should all aspire to! Thank you for letting us hang out with you!

10 Likes