Mountain scene

This is my first project made for my friends son. I’m wasn’t sure how or what to do lol, however I think I’ve outdone myself and super proud of it! just plywood paint (some textured) and a few staples and glue plus leather straps to hang it! More to come soon! FD5.

46 Likes

I really like it! What did you use to paint the mountains? Looks awesome!

4 Likes

Really great project!!! Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I love how you handled the background; I can just imagine the mountain-generated updrafts I have flown through (and a couple of downdrafts, not so fun).

6 Likes

Yep, looks like you nailed it :slight_smile: Really nice effect with the multiple layers and the different paint textures.

6 Likes

Thanks! Rust-oleum stone. Bleached stone textured finish on the clouds and mineral brown on the mountains.

1 Like

Thanks man.

Yea I really cant complain, thanks!

Thanks. I outdid my expectations lol.

1 Like

Isn’t it thrilling, to look at something like this and think, “yeah, I made it.”

oh, and did you know that instead of having to make individual comments to reply to people, you can just type the @ symbol, and then a short list of other commenters pops up, you select the one you want. This way, you can include responses to several people, but in just one message panel. I think I just about wore out my fingers in my first few days until someone told me this.

9 Likes

Looks great!,

somehow in my twisted mind it looks like the bear is asking the moos if he has a smoke.

Hope I don’t offend, its just the first thought I had. Thanks for sharing your work!

4 Likes

My thought processes ran a little different… “Do you mind? I’m trying to poop in the woods here…”

8 Likes

But I love this scene. Looks very inviting, being a nature lover. I love watching the moose when I was in Canada. No moose here in East Texas, unfortunately.

1 Like

Nice. I like the paint and layers. Great project!

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking! :rofl:

3 Likes

Great job! I really like seeing the woodgrain in the sky.

3 Likes

Welcome! And yes, you did a wonderful job. Look forward to seeing more from you.

3 Likes

Wow, that grainy paint really has a great effect! Very nice job on that.

2 Likes

Very nice! I really like all the different ways you colored the pieces! Uniquely done!

3 Likes

My wife is certain there are no moose in Maine despite all the highway warning signs and the image’s near universal use on tsochtkes. She thinks it’s just tourist bait and all the Mainers are jerking our chain with an inside joke. :slightly_smiling_face: We’ve never seen a live one in all our wanderings in Maine but we’ll see them occasionally in CT around the Appalachian Trail.

3 Likes