Mouse Fix

I’m team optical/laser mouse all day. IMO Ball mice aren’t something to want to revisit.

7 Likes

Love this. And I bet the tactile feel is really nice too.

1 Like

Wow! Deja vu! One winter I. St. Louis I was on my way to work . Roads were snowed/ packed down and my tires were OLD! Read racing slicks. As I approached the intersection, I started to slide to the left. Was able to get to the rear of the driver’s side front door before making contact. Ripped that faux wood all the way to the back of the car. Called the cops, then my dad. He showed up and saw this snow covered wreck in the middle of tha yard 30 yards away and that THAT was the car I hit. I was in an old ‘67 Pontiac tempest station wagon and all it did was muck up the left front head light housing and trim. Never bothered to fix it. Cops didn’t issue a ticket and we forgot to exchange info. So I had to hunt him down, based on the subdivision he mentioned he lived in.

@evansd2 we used to call it that too! Family went on a trip to NYC to see grandma. 2 adults and six kids with a load of luggage. There was a small 1.5’ square hole we had to take turns sitting in bent in half. Fun times.

4 Likes

We also referred to it as the “back back”. :slight_smile:

I inherited the wagon for college, we dubbed it the Battle Wagon. It was a beast for sure.

5 Likes

You haven’t met my cat.

Seven boys and three girls meant we had something like that, but I do not remember the brand.
Funny thing is, we older kids fought for the rear backward facing bench seat and to tell the truth it was not at all comfortable with your knees jammed against an unforgiving back door. So no idea why that spot got elevated to cool status.

That is a good plan @ESteele . I prefer the thumb trackball that sits in one spot, but my gaming kid likes mice similar to the one you showed.
Will have to advise him I got a fix if he has that problem.

3 Likes

Absolutely! The cork feels so much nicer than the rubber.

1 Like

To each, their own.

I still have issues with opticals not working well on smooth surfaces. When I’m at the glass-top coffee table, I either have to use the mouse on the lower part of the laptop, bring a pad, or do without. My desk has a pull-out drawer with a textured surface which used to work nicely, but I’ve had it long enough that there are smooth areas and the mouse jumps or lags in those areas.

2 Likes

Probably the turned around to “hide” factor. And it was different than all the other seats in the car.

3 Likes

With my family of 4 children, on very long trips my older brother and sister claimed the seats while they made myself and my little brother sit/sleep on the floorboard of the 2nd and 3rd row. Looking back I’m still curious why my parents allowed it.

5 Likes

I love the cork; replacing even non-tacky rubber is an upgrade.

My life changed a little bit for the better when I learned that you can actually un-tacky things with a rag, rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. You basically remove that thin rubbery layer that gets tacky, leaving the smooth plastic beneath, which for a few cameras and other devices I have done this on is just fine.

The main caveat is that you’ll take off any text or other printed design along with that coating.

I’m not sure it would have worked for the mouse grips, since it sounds like they are flexible rubber pieces, rather than coated plastic.

4 Likes

Here is a laugh —I was maybe 7 or 8 years old and my parents were buying a new car. They were wanting to purchase the same exact car. At the Ford dealership I started crying— I told my parents “ That car is ugly and I do not want mommy driving that ugly car.” Then my brother started crying about the ugliness of that car.

Parents purchased a Granada.

A few months back, I told Eric “It would be so great to own one of those station wagons from the 1970s!”

3 Likes